Merlaku Ra is a multi-talented nu-form, futuristic blues artist. While the Los Angeles based creative has lived in many places – Greenville, South Carolina is where he calls home.
- Checklist 0:15
- Heaven 0:15
- Idfwnobody 0:15
The producer, songwriter, and rapper started singing at a very young age in his church choir and wrote his first song at 13 years old. Since then, he has continued to create music incorporating his love for Hip-Hop, Blues & Trap. If you ask, he will tell you that his music is made to uplift those who have been shut out by society, the Black diaspora, dreamers, survivors of abuse, and underdogs of every identity. His work promotes living on your own terms and resisting the mainstream influence during the creative process.
In many ways, he feels emancipated as an artist because he writes, produces, and performs his own work. This allows him to collaborate based on caliber, not need. In 2020, he released his debut EP – Wolves. Since then, he’s fresh off being named as one of Best New Artists of the Month by Pigeons and Planes, put on the radar by RapCaviar, and produced Sylvan LaCue’s ‘Young Sylvan’ Trilogy EP’s.
His latest singles, Heaven is definitely a song you don’t want to miss. “This song and the story behind it are very special to me for multiple reasons. I made this song late one night a few years ago after getting news that my brother had been in a serious accident. Being on the other side of the country and not knowing what would happen, I freestyled this song as almost a sort of prayer to God hoping that he would make it through. Praise to God, he made it through and as of now is healthy and free from all the tribulations that situation came with.”
Be on the lookout for upcoming projects, his EP “Blitzkrieg” which will be released soon and his production on The HE(A)RD’s tape, No Budget Just Vibes.
- about 19 hours agoI know prayer ain’t enough but right now it’s what we need.
- about 3 days agoR.I.P. Lil Keed.
- about 1 week agoTonight 😎 prod. by me and @djiceetfo "No Budget, Just Vibes" coming soon 🤞 https://t.co/Iqk2CqcAdG
- about 1 month agoLooking through my family photos and I might’ve just found my album cover
- about 1 month agoThinking rn imma probably just drop my album under myself and then retire. Y’all can take the music and do what y’a… https://t.co/D8QEHJB7Uo
- about 1 month agoMaybe it’s actually time to stop.
- about 1 month agoJust spent the whole morning doing my taxes, I feel grown as shit
- about 1 month agoAOT playing with my heart right now
- about 1 month agoLmfaoooo stop the cap 😂